Friday, October 17, 2008

Family in town

I know I still need to put up our pictures from Disneyland...but stuff keeps happening. It is super hard to keep our blog up to date! So the Disneyland pictures are on hold for a short moment!!

I returned home from SLC on Thursday October 9th, Rostya flew into town on Friday the 9th, and Simon and Wika came in on the 10th!! WE LOVE HAVING VISITORS!! Wika was coming back from a work clinic in Manchester, and was flying through Amsterdam. Simon was coming in from Prague and made a stop in Amsterdam as well. So they were able to meet up for lunch there. Wika tried to see if his work could get them on the same flight from Amsterdam to Vancouver...but no go!! Unfortunately with the holiday weekend flights were too expensive. So Wika flew from Manchester to Amsterdam to Seattle to Vancouver-crazy I know!! Simon flew into Vancouver around 4:00pm, Wika was to fly in around 5:00pm; so they were just going to wait there for him. HOWEVER, his flight was delayed from Seattle to Vancouver and he didn't arrive until almost 7pm!! So I decided to head out to the airport as well, so that Grandma and Grandpa could play with Emma!! It ended up being quite the night in the Vancouver Airport!! Grandma and Grandpa Gordon-Smith-you are troopers!! Thank you for your patience...we love you!!





here is Grandpa playing with Emma...just trying to stay entertained!!



Finally home...


On Sunday we decided to go for a nice walk, though chilly, it was very relaxing! I think we got some pretty nice pictures of our area and of the family. Oh, and Emma finally got to meet her Uncle Henry for the very first time!!

All of us...minus Henry (someone has to take the picture)


Emma all bundled up


minus Rostya this time


the gorgeous view from where we live!! It's just so quiet and peaceful...


Time to use the camera timer so we can all be in a photo together!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, Emma has such cute smiles!

Anonymous said...

Lovely family photos! Rostya looks delighted to have a granddaughter.