So this weekend was THE weekend. The weekend that 1200 youth from across BC and Bellingham WA have been working hard for. They have practiced and practiced and then practiced some more. Putting together an incredible show to celebrate our wonderful Temple!! They were not only excited for the Temple, they were excited because our sweet prophet came all the way up here to watch them!! All their long hard work was completed!! And it was ALL worth it. They were AMAZING!! They did such a wonderful job, I was so proud of them.
I feel very lucky and blessed that I was asked to help. What a blessing this whole experience has been!! To do all this work for my youth!! I would totally do it all over again, if they let me!
Here is our beloved prophet, just arriving to the Langley Event's Centre
Speaking to the youth just before the start of the show
The finale number...so incredible!! Such an amazing spirit in this room as the youth sang:"We are the youth of the latter day, we will stand as a witness for Christ and say, oh glory to God lift your voice and sing with the angels adorning our Lord and King...
Today is the day that we make our choice, to enlist in His army and raise your voice. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, choose you this day!...
We will stand as a beacon for truth and light, we will hold up our torches this glorious night. We have come from afar to this holy place, for the temple is here and we all give praise!"
" I love to see the Temple, I'm going there someday. To feel the holy spirit, to listen and to pray. For the Temple is the house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young..."




6 comments:
Wow! That is so amazing to be a part of and to top it all of you now have a temple close to you.
I was thinking about you this week!!
I'm so happy that everything turned out so wonderfully. What a cool thing to be a part of. We got to participate quite a bit when they opened the Billings, Montana temple and it is an experience unlike any other.
What an awesome experience to be involved with that! The temple is gorgeous! I'm so glad it went well!
That is awesome! I love how they involve the youth so much in these things. It just makes the temple that much more special to them. Hey, speaking of Vancouver, we are going to a wedding in Cardston in June and Tyson wanted to take a detour on the way home through Vancouver to see it...until we found out it was a 16 hour detour:) We'll have to keep enjoying through your blog!
Wow that just gave me chills! Thanks for sharing, I love experiences like that and then to feel it through someone else. Hope you are doing well. Maybe just maybe we'll both be inUtah around July 4? :)
darnit. julia was flipping out so we had to leave when all the old people were wheeling out in their wheeelchairs. we missed the giant temple!
Post a Comment