Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sophie goes ice skating ...

It looks like this might turn into an annual thing, but our ward for the second year in a row has had an ice skating activity. So we of course headed out for a fun Saturday activity.
So when you have a little one they let you take them on the ice in the stroller!! Not only is it WAY better than strapping a baby bjorn on, but the stroller sure helped me stay standing!!
As I was heading out onto the ice I was stopped by one of the "ice guards" who told me if I was going to take her on the ice she would need a helmet!?!? Okay I said, do you happen to have one small enough?? This is what they had ... we got a really good laugh out of it at first and then realized, this was quite possibly one of the cutest things EVER!!!

There is my sweet Sophie and her helmet!!

Now, we were worried how Emma would handle it all. Last year was a total bust. So when we asked her if she wanted to do it this year she said "I'm bigger now mom, so I think it will be fun"
She was So excited to get out there! She did only last for about 15 min, but it was a BIG improvement from last year.

She decided she didn't need mom or dad anymore, just her friend Isabella. So we let her be!
It sure was a fun Saturday out ... and we will never get over just how cute Sophie was in that helmet!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is so cute!!

Linds Forrest said...

What a fun outing! Your girls are so cute. And that blessing day for Sophie you all look so happy and pretty!! You're a cute Momma!