Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'll stick to camera duties ...

Emma recently had a "field trip" for preschool to the pet store. She was SO excited!! This was not the typical cats and dogs kind of pet store, in fact they didn't have any cats or dogs. Instead they saw lizards, bunnies, fishes, SNAKES and SPIDERS!!

As the kids sat in a circle and the worker brought out animal after animal I found myself stepping further and further away from the kids. I am NOT a fan of animals that don't have fur and don't cuddle!! Not even a little bit ... In fact my two biggest fears are SNAKES and Spiders. Oh how I loath them!! They literally do terrify me. (like I was going to tell Emma that) I, like any good parent, encouraged my daughter to touch or even hold the little creatures.


So let's start off with the cute little fury bunny ... I liked this little guy a lot

Then ... the snake!! Seriously, I have yet to figure out the purpose of their existence!! I had NO desire to even get close to this little guy - thank heavens for ZOOM!

She really did touch the snake ... I was a milisecond too late!
Now onto this guy ... EWW! I was very proud of Emma for holding him, because we all know I had NO desire to do it!! Go team Emma!!
It was a fun little field trip ... she learned quite a bit about these little "animals" (if thats what we should call them)
Emma LOVES preschool!! She just loves being around her friends and learning new things everyday. This year she goes only 2 times a week ... but next year she gets 3!! YAY!!

I kind of like my 2.5 hour break as well, because I get to spend it with this beautiful little girl!! She is now 4 months!! Insane!! It really is flying by!!
She went for her 4 month check up last week and is now weighing in at 14 lbs. 7 oz!! That's my girl! (surprisingly it puts her at the 50th percentile)
We sure do love our little girls ... drama and all!


3 comments:

Eric & Andrea Taylor said...

Holy cow Sophie!! Why are you getting so big so fast. Auntie Dre misses you grills so much!!! Miss Emma-that's disgusting.

Corrina Baker said...

wow, logan is 5 months and like 18lbs 27 inches! giant baker babies!

Melanie Fiuza said...

Oh my, good for you for even taking a picture of the snake! Oh they are awful awful awful. When I had to learn about treating snake bites in my EMT class, I had to leave the room. Couldn't even look at the pictures of them. Looks like Emma had fun at the field trip though!