Monday, October 25, 2010

Date Night....???

Friday nights are "date nights" for Wika and myself. We really wanted to go out, however Emma had "other" plans in mind. She had come down with a pretty ugly cold and we didn't want to leave her for the night. She gets VERY needy when she is sick. So this is what we did instead....

We went to Quizno's picked up some sandwiches, came home and had a "picnic"
Emma LOVED it. We set it up in the family room so we could sit and eat and watch a movie. We watched "Fantastic Mr. Fox"...wierd movie, but Emma was entertained as it was animated so that was ok. I know it wasn't a typical date night for us, but really who wants "typical"??

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Fun! We've done that before too and it is a blast. Speaking of "date nights" my hubby and I are totally due for one....

Emily said...

Well that is a fun date if I say so myself.

Hope Emma is feeling better.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that movie was strange.

Charakie said...

Hey! Your date night looks JUST like ours (minus a few kids). Can't wait for grandma Rostya to get here so we can actually go OUT on a date :) Still no babysitters in Atlanta...any chance you guys want to move here so we can trade?