The answer is...NOPE!! It seems like there is always something going on.
I still have pictures from our trip over to Europe that I want to share with you, as well as the CRAZY story of our trip coming home...but I want to let you know what we've been up to lately!!
We finally returned home from Europe on Sunday July 4th around 11:00 PM (story to come later) I had 2 days to do laundry, get my devotional done, buy all the food and re-pack again for girls camp!! YUP GIRLS CAMP!! I was So exhuasted, but at the same time SO excited for girls camp. We had been planning for SO long, I couldn't wait to just finally go and have fun with my girls.
And I made it, I got it all done. (with NO time to spare, literally) And it was all worth it. I LOVED girls camp when I was a young woman, and I loved it as a leader. I LOVE serving those girls!! I am pretty lucky to have them. I LOVE MY CALLING!!!
Our theme this year was "Surrey 3rd E.R." (Eternal Rewards) So we had a Dr themed camp!! It was great!! We had 3 tents, and they each had their own colored scrubs and a "dr" name!! The names being: Transfusion of the Soul, Triage and Life Support. Our youth leaders were great and focused all their devotionals on their tent names, along with the Eternal perspective on things. It was wonderful, and very successful. I couldn't have asked for anything better. The girls I have are INCREDIBLE!! I am SO lucky. They are all such great friends and really rely on each other. The ALL go to different schools, therefore they are the only memebers of the church in their schools. And let me tell you, they are ALL so incredibly strong. I love them dearly!!
I just wanted to share with you a few pictures from our wonderful camp!!
It's not camping without S'mores!! YUMMMY! One of our camp dad's got these incredibly LARGE marshmallows for us to roast, they were AWESOME!!
I have to give a shout out to my AWESOME niece, Alex, for coming out here to watch Emma while I was at camp!! We were so lucky to have her come out and stay. We got to keep her another week so we could show her the sites!! Thank you Alex, we love you!!
As for the latest news, well...My dear husband just got called to be the EQP!! What's that you ask, Elder's Quorom President!!! WOW, how do we do it? Me being YW Pres and now my hubby EQ Pres...well we don't know exactly how we do it, we just do!! It's great, he is such a wonderful strong and endearing man. He is going to be such an aweseom EQP!
So again, life is crazy busy over here, but we love it!! We wouldn't have it any other way. (ok Wika would like to NOT be EQP-or at least he says he doesn't, but deep down I know he does)
So if we don't post very often, that is why. I know I say this a lot but I will try, that is the least I can do; try to be a better blogger!!
PS Jenny, don't stop blogging. I love reading your blog, even if I don't always comment!! I love being able to keep in touch through the blogging world!! :o)


4 comments:
You have been busy! It looks like girls camp was fun. I always loved girls camp too.
Oh my crap girls camp would be such a BLAST with you as a leader. Looks and sounds amazing. Glad it was so awesome!!
I'm scared to ask this...but how old is Alex now?
Didn't she just turn 6?
Man o man time flies. Love girl's camp. Now to catch up on much needed sleep?
Fun, fun, fun! I am always a bit jealous of the people who get to do this stuff with the youth. Sadly, that will never be my calling in life. Glad you had a great time. I am sure the girls adore you and look up to you. You are awesome! (Are you guys coming to Utah next week?)
Post a Comment