Friday, June 25, 2010

More Spain....OKAY!

So we are having such a great time here in Sitges. Playing at the beach and pools and making memories with our family. We are just so blessed that we were able to come and spend time with everyone here in Spain.

Emma, without a doubt, makes us laugh every day. She is talking SO much now, and she is even making sense!! She is also a VERY independant little girl. She really knows what she wants and she makes sure she gets it. This is her in the hotel, mommy and daddy were getting ready for the day, so what should she do you ask? Why not watch a movie...in a drawer!! Where does she get these ideas??

This is the day after I completely burnt myself. I decided it was smart to just stay at the hotel pool and lay under the umbrella. Emma wanted to cuddle up next to me!

That's as far she would go into the water...by herself. We don't know why but she isn't taking to the water like she used to. It's just the beginning of the Summer, so she'll get used to it sooner rather than later.

The whole gang at dinner

Emma enjoying her calamari!! I can't believe how much she LOVES her seafood. It makes me SO happy. I love that she tried it, and love even more that she liked it. She's had calamari a couple of times now. she also enjoyed shrimp pasta. I am A-OKAY with her eating seafood, as long as I don't have too...because I'm not a big fan. Daddy is though so they eat it together.

On Wednesday we took the train into Barcelona for the day. We started our day off at McDonalds...yes we went all the way to Spain to eat McD's. It was noon, and the kids were hungry and needed a bathroom break. So before heading to the sites we had a quick bite to eat. After that we headed to Sagrada Familia. This temple is SPECTACULAR. If you don't know what it is or havent heard of it before, check it out here.

I cannot do this temple justice even if I tried to explain it to you. It really is incredible. Gaudi's vision. A vision that they have been building for over 100 years!! And they estimate it won't be completed until 2026! AMAZING.

Here it is:

The stained glass windows inside

inside again, the detail is just incredible

Our family in front of the "birth of Christ" facade
That is pretty much it for the Barcelona pics...we spent the rest of our day at La Ramba...a touristy street for shopping. We had a great time, but were very exhausted. And the train ride back...honestly how many people can you pack into a train?? Just when you thought it was plenty full, some guy thought "hey I think me and my bike can get on here" WRONG!! He was told otherwise, and wasn't too happy about it. I wish I had a picture of us on the train, but it was so packed I couldn't even get to my camera.
Here is Emma "driving". Everytime we walk along the Paseo, she sees this car and wants to drive it. We finally gave in and paid the 1 Euro for her to ride it. It's a good thing she is so stinking cute!

How do you get a 2 year old to get in the stroller? Give them ice cream!! Worked like a charm!

Here is the whole gang at the beach. Our last day with everyone there!! So much FUN!!

We leave Sunday and head back to Prague, so I will post again when in Prague!


2 comments:

Emily said...

I have always wanted to visit the Sagrada Familia.

It is by far one of the strangest and coolest places on the planet. There is just so much there to see.

Covet...and now I also want McDonalds thank you very much!

Courtney and Tyson said...

That is so awesome! What a great experience! Love the movie in a drawer. What a perfect little seat.