So the original plan for our last "vacation" was to go to SLC for a week, the week of Emma's birthday. Then we would fly out to NYC on the 12th of May for Jami and Richard's Wedding!! We were SO excited for this trip!! I was excited to go back to NYC and see the sights but more importantly I was excited to see the Gordon-Smith family. We don't get to see them very often as they are, well, in Europe. I also would have been able to meet some of the family that I have never met!! It was going to be a very exciting trip.
Then the big day hit!!! Our little sweet heart got super sick, and we knew what was going to happen next!! Emma was taken to the ER the night before we were supposed to leave. We made a call to the airlines and fought and fought, to which we thought we lost, and were now not only not going to NYC but we no longer even had arifare to get there.
*another side note...after some pretty nasty emails to BBB and US airways, we have ticket vouchers for the FULL amount!! WOOHOO!!
We didn't know what was going to happen next. We didn't know if/when Emma would be feeling better to even fly. Thursday the 14th came around, the day before the wedding, and with the help of Mom and Dad we were able to Wika out for the wedding!! :) I unfortunately stayed home with Emma as she wasn't cleared to fly!! I did get to go to LAGOON and watch my long lost love...CLOGGING...it was no NYC but great to catch up and see friends!!
So here are some pictures of the Happy Day!! We love you Richard and Jami!!
This is the HAPPY COUPLE!!
The Gordon-Smith Family...minus Me, Emma, max and Drew
My SEXY man in his TUX!! So sad I didn't get to see him in it!!
The HAPPY COUPLE again at the Reception/Dinner
Cutting the cake...so pretty!
So back in Feb, with the supervision of my mother (I say supervision, because she didn't sew 1 stitch of this quilt...I did it ALL on my own!), I started making this quilt for them. It was a lot of work, but I am SO happy with the turnout!! I just wish I could have been there myself to give it to them!! :(
This is the ONLY picture I have of the quilt not folded...
SO CUTE!!
From what I hear, the day couldn't have been more perfect for them!! Congratulations again Richard and Jami...I love you LOADS!!
*since we got the vouchers back, we are planning a trip back there sometime this year...YAY!!*
15 Phoenix Duplex For Sale
4 years ago


3 comments:
I didn't know that was your plan, so sorry to hear you couldn't go. I'm glad your home now and Emma's better. Are you all moved into your new place?
Oh my, you guys have been super busy lately! I'm sorry about all the not so fun things you've had to go through. But I'm glad Emma is feeling better. And awesome that you got the vouchers so you can still take that trip!
Nic work on the quilt! Is that a yellow brick road quilt? Great job!!!!
Post a Comment