While in Utah I was able to do the Race for the Cure with my family. Due to our Family History, it was very important and very special for us to take part in this event. Wika wasn't able to join in the fun as he was still in Manchester, so instead Alex and CJ ran in his place.
I have to say that I am a pretty proud Aunt! My running buddy was Alex, my 10 year old niece, and we ran the WHOLE time. She was Amazing, and best running buddy ever!! Love you Alex!
So here is the our team "Cookin Together"
My family!!
Mom and Dad with their in-laws
Emma and my beautiful self. Since I don't have a jogger, my wonderful parents pushed Emma. This was the day after her birthday so she wasn't feeling so hot, and slept the whole time.
This is who we ran for!! (or at least those that we could fit on our paper, there are many more that we could have put down)
*side note* while I was home I was able to visit a dear friend who was fighting cancer!! She is an incredible woman who was an example to anyone and everyone who met her. Before I left her house she asked if we could run for her!! WELL OF COURSE!!! Unfortunately her fight ended shortly after the race. She passed away May 18th at 28 years old!! Cancer is such an ugly and scary disease, all the more reason to run in hopes to someday in our lifetime they will find a cure! I love you Michelle!!
Here is my mom, our inspiration, crossing the finish line with Bryce!
And last and certainly LEAST...hahaha...the infamous "out-law" photo (minus Wika)
It was a GREAT day and a fantastic memory...but we hope to make it a family tradition and do it every year!
A special THANKS to those who generously donated to our cause and helped us reach our family goal!! We love you all!!
15 Phoenix Duplex For Sale
4 years ago


3 comments:
way to go al you should feel so proud!
What a neat thing to do as a family!
What a fantastic thing to do!! I'm so happy you did this and you posted about it!
I really hope you continue with this family tradition!
You inspire me and yes...indeed you should feel proud! You did an amazing thing!
Post a Comment