Monday, September 6, 2010

The Fair at the PNE

Every year we get SO excited for the fair...we LOVE it. Yes, we spend too much to get into the fair, and then we spend too much on the food at the fair, and on top of all that, we usually get suckered into one of the demo's and end up purchasing something while at the fair. This year was NO different! We did it all...with the exception of going on the rides, that truly is where we draw the line. They want us to pay $60/adult and $45/child under the height of 46 in. and well, that is just ridiculous. So we didn't do the rides! We did get the food, because who doesn't like fair food, and we did get suckered into a demo!! We purchased a steam mop...but it isn't just a mop it steams and sanitizes EVERYTHING! We LOVE it. We spent one day just taking it around the house to see what we could steam...so much fun eh?


So they had this candy exhibit there...all about the histories of SO many different types of candies...you could just smell the sugar when you walked in. I actually got a bad headache from it. But this picture is of course, Elvis, but it is made entirely out of candy. I thought it was pretty cool.

Emma LOVED the fair also. She got to eat cotton candy, watch "Super Dogs", a parade and go to KC Bear's Street Party!! And boy was it a party!



She LOVED the street party. She got to get out and DANCE DANCE DANCE. Then she got to go meet some of her FAVORITE people/characters in the whole world.

SUPER WHY!


Curious George


Clifford


Care Bears!
(ok, she doesn't know the care bears yet, but she was pink and that is all she "cared" about)


Emma sure loved meeting all the characters...she just kept asking to see Mickey Mouse, so to my sweetheart, we should get planning our trip to Cali or Florida...I am not picky...so Emma can met her FAVORITE mouse!
That's all! :o)


3 comments:

Emily said...

I have always wanted a steam cleaner. I heard that they are stinkin' amazing.


....and now I want cotton candy thank you very much.

Jen said...

The candy display reminds me of the candy windows they used to do at Christmas at the old ZCMI.

Courtney and Tyson said...

Wow, sounds like quite the fair! I've wanted a steam mop too! I don't blame you for being suckered in!