Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympic Fever

We went downtown last Thursday to check out all the hap, hap happening stuff going on. We only went for a very short amount of time. We picked Wika up from work and headed down via skytrain. We knew we didn't have much time - we got down there around 6:15 and left around 8...so there was a lot to do in a very small amount of time! We only made it down to Robson Square and down to the Cauldron, so we obviously are going to go down again!! Here are a few pictures from our outting!

That night was the night of the Canada vs. Sweden game. It was a pretty intense game that Canada ending up winning in a shoot out...we were down there for all of this. Hockey isn't "just" a game down here...it's a religion. So when that game got out and Canada had won...it was CRAZY downtown. It was Awesome!! This picture is a bunch of people gathered around the CTV tent watching the game!!

Lantern Forrest

Emma, just enjoying the ride with her french fries!
OH CANADA
The Ice Skating rink at Robson Square, just another FREE thing to do downtown!
(we didn't do it-because it's free there is a nice long line!)
This was a TV on the wall of a building, just another great place to stand and watch the olympics
Family photo at the cauldron
The Beautiful Cauldron that you can't get close to, thank heavens for the 12inch hole in the fence so you can take a picture...without the fence.

That is it for day one of the Gordon-Smith trip to downtown Vancouver!! Can't wait for day two, we are trying to get tickets to a medal ceremony on Wednesday...keeping my fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Eric said...

Fun pictures! Isn't it fun to just go downtown to be apart of the crowd and the happenings during the Olympics. I wish I had done more while the Olympics were in SLC.

ammon said...

Cool beans. I still can't believe you get to do this twice!

Jen said...

Looks like so much fun. We've had fun watching, but it's nothing like being there!

Jenni said...

Wow! How cool. I remember living in SLC during the 2002 Olympics....it was crraazy! Hope you guys are handling all the hussle and bussle. I love your new family pictures by the way! Who did them?

Courtney and Tyson said...

How fun! Whenever the olympics are on I always think I'm going to see you in the crowd just because you live there. Haha. I'll let you know if you're on tv.