Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WE'RE HOME!!

Good news, we are home!!!

So after that post yesterday (which I hurried and wrote when I came home to shower) I headed back up to the hospital. I took some of Emma's formula up with me in hopes that she might drink it. We were getting desperate. We just needed her to drink and it didn't matter what at this point.

I made the bottle so she could drink it while we changed yet another diarrhea diaper...argggh...and she TOTALLY drank it. All 6oz!! We were SO happy. The Dr. came in shortly after to talk with us, and made the decision that we could go. Emma then started to drink from her sippy cup as well and finished a whole cup of apple juice!! Still not a "wet" diaper yet, but she wasn't too worried as she was drinking.

So we got discharged around 9:30 last night got to go back to my parents! WOOT WOOT! Emma got home and had another 4oz bottle, and was just crawling and playing!! It was SO great to see her just play, we haven't seen that for 4 days!

We had a pretty good night, she woke up once because she was just SO thirsty and had another 4 oz. So things are totally on the up and up!! Thank heavens we didn't have to stay another night in our little whole they call a hospital room!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers, we know they helped tremendously!! We love you all!

We will post pictures of the very not so fun journey and give you the whole story a bit later!! We are just going to take care of our little sweetheart right now!!

Ciao!!

6 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Oh I am so happy for you and for little Emma!!! That is so great!

Claudine said...

I'm so glad to hear that Emma's doing SOOO much better! I'm really happy!!
I knew Emma was amazing!

Jenni said...

Yay! This is great news!

Stark Family said...

I'm so glad Emma is doing better!!

Shari said...

I haven't been on your blog for so long! I am sorry about your hospital stay, that must have been so scary. I have to tell you though, your little girl is SO DARLING! I can't believe how big she is!

Leah and Mike said...

Yay!! That is so good that she is drinking again!! Isn't it just the best to see them actually playing after they have been sick - what a relief.