Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A QUICK UPDATE!!

I don't have a lot of time, but wanted to give you all a heads up with whats going on here!! Emma got sick on her birthday...so sad...and it just never has gotten better. Long story short...we took her to a pediatrician on Monday who told us that she possibly has the "rotavirus" which is severe diarrhea with a mild fever and lots of vomiting. Monday was our worst day so far, she didn't eat and wasn't peeing...so they were very worried about dehydration.

We were told that if she didn't have a pee pee diaper by 9PM to take her to priamry childrens to get an IV drip to rehydrate her. She did have a pee right at 9, but she just wasn't doing very well at all. So we decided to take her up.

We are still up there...she is doing better after having been on an IV, but she still isn't drinking any liquids which is very concerning. It is looking like we are in for another night at the hospital.

Please keep her in your prayers, we are worried about her, but feeling better that she is progressing as she hasn't thrown up for over a day!! YAY!! We love you all and will give you a much better detailed update soon!!

LOVE to you ALL!!

Aly Wika and Emma

7 comments:

Jen said...

I was so sorry to hear about Emma, it is so sad when your baby is sick. I hope she gets better soon. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Jenni said...

Oh wow, I hope she gets better real soon. I'm sure you are in the best care with the doctors there. I will keep you guys in our prayers.

Jared and Erin said...

Poor thing. I hope you guys get over this soon. No fun when your child's sick and you can't do anything about it.

Claudine said...

I'm so sorry to hear this...but Emma's tough and she'll pull through!
Let me know if you need anything! I'll be praying for you.
Get better soon Emma and come home!!!!

Linds Forrest said...

I will definitly keep her in my prayers!! I hope all goes well. I live in SLC so please call me if you want food or company! Love you!

Eric said...

Ethan got rotavirus when he was 2. It is such a scary thing for little ones to get. When Ethan got it, the diarrhea and vomiting didn't stop for hours, it looked like all the life was taken out of him. It was only when we took him to Primary's and he had the IV in for several hours did he start responding to us. I feel for you, it is really scary and so hard to watch your baby so sick.

chrissy said...

she's in great hands, she'll be better in no time. hang in there!