Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chef Emma...and Snow Day

Emma got a very special gift from Santa this year...her very own kitchen!! She didn't even get it until we got back from Utah, because Santa knew it was just too big for mom and dad to have to bring back in the car. So Santa left her dishes and pots and pans at G & G's house with a note letting her know he left it at home. But lets be honest...she could have cared less about the kitchen, she was having way too much fun "cooking" with her knew dishes and food. That was until we arrived home...and started putting her kitchen together!! She could hardly wait for us to finish, we had to put Toy Story 3 on to entertain her while we put it together. About half way through our work Emma had disappeared. I thought she went upstairs to use the bathroom, but when she came down the stairs she had a BIG grin on her face along with her knew apron for her kitchen!! Now she was ready to cook!! It was pretty cute, we obviously worked even harder to get that thing put together. Our little girl is quite the chef! She makes delicious soup...I think that is all she makes...it's all she ever gives us!



We also recently enjoyed a snowfall up here in our neck of the woods. Enough to have to actually shovel the driveway. So we all got bundled up and took advantage of the snow-because we knew within 24 hours the rain would make it all disappear.

she was "sweeping" the snow away...such a good little helper

we even made our own little frosty...sort of...close enough really!
It's always a pleasant suprise to wake up to snow up here...we certainly had a fun day.



Emma really enjoyed it, because that poor little girl was couped up inside for a week recovering from a mild case of Pneumonia...nothing serious...don't worry!! She is all good now!

Utah brought EVERYONE a lot of fun "sickness suprises"
We miss home (Utah), but are happy to be back in the swing of things!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I gasp! That is the most lovely little kitchen I ever saw.

Brooke said...

She is adorable! Kitchens are so much fun.
I love reading your blog and in some small way I feel apart of your life. You are wonderful!
Love you

Linds Forrest said...

She is adorable and that grin is so cute! I'm glad you all are doing well!! And so jealous you got some snow. Hopefully we can catch each other in Utah at the same time soon so I can see you! MIss you friend!

Jenni said...

Is it just me or is her hair getting blonder? She is sooooo cute!!!

The Patterson's said...

Super cute Kitchen. Wish ours was that nice. Kids sure love to cook at that age. If you want some snow I can send you some. Once it snows here it doesn't melt until spring.

Amanda said...

I'm so happy we got to have you guys stay with us! I wish we all lived closer...you need to move to Utah...QUICK!